Forget work! Forget school! Forget your worries! But don't forget the environment! Just because you're on holidays, it doesn't mean you can forget to look after the beaches, parks and wildlife that you're visiting.
- Make sure you keep Australia beautiful by putting your rubbish in the bin.
- Recycling is just as important when you're on holidays as it is when you're at home, so make sure all of those aluminium cans, newspapers, and drink bottles end up in the recycling bin.
- If you can't find a recycling bin while you're out and about then take your recyclables home with you and put them in a recycling bin there.
- If you're unsure about what can and can't be recycled at your holiday destination then visit RecyclingNearYou.com.au or call 1300 733 712. You can also check with your holiday letting agent.
- Do the right thing with cigarette butts and ensure they go into the bin. They may be small but they start bush fires, which threaten homes and the lives and habitat of wildlife.
- Treat your holiday location as if it was your own community or home. Don't waste water and energy!
Festive Season Green Guide