To make it as easy as possible to promote the 12 Do's of Christmas 2017, we have developed a range of promotional resources for you to use. All the resources on this page may be downloaded for distribution.
- Post your favourite DO infographics on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
- Use #12DOsOfXmas
- Update your Facebook cover image with the downloadable 12 Do's of Christmas graphic
- Send us any interesting tips or images that we can post about on our Planet Ark facebook page, and 'like' us to receive recycling updates.
- We spend over $1,079 at #Christmas! Plan for meals & presents & save big. Check out @PlanetArk's #12DosOfXmas www.12dos.planetark.org
- Check out toys, fashion accessories even backpacks in our new Recycled Products Directory on RecyclingNearYou.com.au #12DOsOfXmas
- Doing renovations or cleaning out over Christmas? Hire a skip bin company like @BingoBins that recycles! Check out @PlanetArk's #12DOsOfXmas www.12dos.planetark.org
- Over summer @MobileMuster1 sees record sales of mobiles. Make sure your old one is given new life by selling, giving or recycling. www.12dos.planetark.org #12DOsOfXmas
- New computer, tablet or TV? Recycle your old one for free via @TechCollect. Find your nearest drop off point via RecyclingNearYou.com.au #12DOsOfXmas
- With 30 times more egg nog & custard @TetraPak's sold in December, don't forget to recycle then in your kerbside bin. More DOs at www.12dos.planetark.org #12DOsOfXmas
- Over 1/3 of what Aussies spend on food for Christmas is wasted! Reduce waste & have a happy holiday via www.12dos.planetark.org #12DOsOfXmas
- Take unwanted gifts out of your Christmas budget. Reduce waste & have a happy holiday www.12dos.planetark.org #12DOsOfXmas
- Keep Christmas special while reducing waste this year: www.12dos.planetark.org #12DOsOfXmas
Adaptable Email/Newsletter Article/Blog post
The text below can be used to help us promote the 12 Do's of Christmas, but feel free to write your own. Simply cut and paste the text below, fill in your name, and distribute:
Help Fight a Festive War on Waste with the 12 DOs of Christmas
With Australians spending around $50 billion at Christmas, some forward planning for meals and presents can lead to big savings on your wallet and your waste.
<Insert your name/organisation> encourages everyone to check out Planet Ark's 12 Do's of Christmas website. It offers simple tips for making your family's Christmas special, without costing the earth - from fun festive recycled crafts, to feel-good gifts with meaning.
This year we are encouraging residents in DO#5 to buy secondhand and recycled products. Buying secondhand items or products made from recycled materials keeps valuable resources in circulation. To help make the right choice even easier we've put together a Recycled Products Directory where you can find a range of items from toys made from recycled wood to smartphone covers made from skateboards.
The 12 Do's of Christmas resource was made possible thanks to RecyclingNearYou.com.au, a free recycling directory for households established by Planet Ark and through the support of Page Sponsors, Bingo Skip Bins, ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark', MobileMuster, TechCollect, and Tetra Pak.
A range of photos are available for download from the Photo Gallery.
To assist you in promoting waste prevention, Planet Ark has made available the 12 Do's of Christmas logo. A zip file, with a jpg, png and pdf formatted logo, is available for download here.
If you do use the logo, we'd really appreciate you sending us a copy of any promotions or resources you use the logo for. Wherever possible we like to keep these for our records. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recycling Hotline on 1300 733 712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Web banners and graphics
Right click and save image to download:
Ecard with text
Ecard with just graphics (if you need a smaller image)