Most of us know that water is precious, but when we're on holidays we can forget to keep our water use in mind. When you're away, treat your holiday water supply the same way that you would if you were at home. Whether you're at home or elsewhere, do some of the little things to help conserve this resource:
- Don't put the dishwasher on unless it's full.
- Don't rinse dishes before putting them in the dish-washer.
- Keep your showers short.
- Install a water efficient showerhead.
- Only flush the toilet if you need to.
- Fix dripping taps.
- Get a cover for your pool.
- Wash your car with a bucket and sponge.
- Use grey water on your garden. Download a grey water information kit below.
- Check out the Food and Garden section for more enviro tips for your garden this summer
- Find out what water restrictions apply at your holiday destination.
Documents marked with may only be available in PDF format. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (or the reader), a FREE reader is available from Adobe.